axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jens Rutschmann <Jens.Rutschm...@gmx.info>
Subject Axis2: map generic method to multiple operations in service.xml
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:34:51 GMT
Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to reuse a generic java method for multiple web service
operations. The reason for this is that I need to create a component that
forwards the client's request to another web service. Since the additional steps
this component needs to do are always the same I'd like to use a single generic
implementation using AXIOM.

In service.xml when defining an operation I can only specify the name of
existing methods in the service class. Is there any way to map an arbitrary name
to a single method multiple times?

I'd like to avoid creating new classes with stub methods that call the generic
method since that would mean compiling and deploying of new code at runtime.

Best regards any many thanks in advance,
Jens