axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Adam Edgar <aed...@research.att.com>
Subject Tomcat crashing
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:20:04 GMT
I'm running Axis2 (1.4.1) on Tomcat 5.5 on RHEL4 with Java 1.6.0 and I
am having random crashes after the service has been up a while. I
suspect this may have to do with Axis2/Tomcat having too many files
open. I generally get a message like this out of the logs:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/exolab/castor/xml/MarshalException

The class name changes from time to time but once this occurs I have to
restart Tomcat to get things back on track. I know that class does exist
because it normally runs without a hitch. It seems that at some point
Tomcat is simply not able to open the jar files within the service aar.

Any thought? Suggestions?

ASE