axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [AXIS2] Accessing classes inside aar from a jar located in the lib directory
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 21:33:55 GMT
Laurent,

By design, there is a distinct class loader for each AAR. This is
important to isolate services from each other. The classes in the JARs
in WEB-INF/lib are loaded by the Web app class loader, which is the
parent of the AAR class loaders. It is therefore normal that a class
in WEB-INF/lib (or WEB-INF/classes) can't load a class from an AAR
file. There are ways around this, but first you should make sure that
you are not running into this issue because of a flaw in your design.
What is actually the use case for this?

Andreas