axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Limitations in using ADB for our ws-clent
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 11:35:46 GMT
> "... and has difficulty with structures such as XML Schema element
> extensions and restrictions".
>
> has the same meaning with what I habe said. It can not dinamically adapt
> itself to the changes on the schema definitions.

I'm not an expert of ADB, but this statement doesn't seem correct to
me. The ADB documentation obviously refers to the XML Schema concepts
of extension and restriction, which allow to derive new types from
existing types. It has nothing to do with the behavior of ADB with
respect to changes to the schema (which cause problems to any
databinding framework). Probably ADB doesn't (fully) support
extensions and restrictions on complex types, but for simple types
this should work (but again, I'm not very familiar with ADB).

Andreas