axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David Meiklejohn <dmeiklej...@iseek.com.au>
Subject RE: what is the best way to generate java code when the wsdl is changed?
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 03:14:56 GMT
Hi Chang,

Unfortunately I have never used the Axis2 plugin so my knowledge on it is almost 0. After
looking at a little information on it I couldn't immediately see how to get it to generate
an interface. From the command line you just pass wsdl2java an option of -ssi and it is possible
to do it in Maven by setting <generateServerSideInterface>true</generateServerSideInterface>.
Sorry I can't be of more help with the Eclipse plugin, it may not be capable of doing what
I'm talking about.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Chang Xing [mailto:chang.xing@sage.ch]
Sent: Wednesday 27 May 2009 5:16 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: what is the best way to generate java code when the wsdl is changed?

Hi David

Your idea sounds new to me. But how do you configure the axis2plug to
generate interface rather than the skeleton class?
There's not much options with the plugin in eclipse.

Thanks

Chang

David Meiklejohn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Let me know if I am misunderstanding your problem. I believe what you are doing is generating
from the WSDL with standard settings so Axis2 is generating files with a XSkeleton.java where
you put your implementation. If that is the case I would set up the Axis2 plugin to create
an interface from the WSDL rather than the skeleton class itself. That way you can recreate
the interface at will whenever the WSDL changes and just implement the interface with your
own class. This does mean that your class will generate compile errors each time something
major changes or a new method is added that your class does not implement, you will just have
to change your implementation to match the interface and you're good to go.

> David
>

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorised to
receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies
of this message.