axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)" <sukon...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Axis 2.0 support for Restful services
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 22:23:59 GMT
Thanks Andreas for the clarification. So we can post any xml payload in a restful manner to
 axis 2 webservice  from any webservice client. Will Axis 2 web service engine treat the request
as restful request and send the response as xml?

Thanks,
Suchitha.
-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Veithen [mailto:andreas.veithen@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:43 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis 2.0 support for Restful services

OMElement is Axis2's internal representation of an XML element. Cross platform communication
has nothing to do with how the wire format is represented internally.

Andreas

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 23:06, Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru) <sukoneru@cisco.com> wrote:
> Thank you Sagara and Chinmoy for your response. I have gone through the links which are
helpful.
> Hello Axis Developers.
> I have observed that HTTP Post is done through OMElement (which is
> custom class in axis).  This is specified in the link http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/rest-ws.html.
> If I want to post simple xml Payload to Axis2 Service in a RESTFUL manner from a .NET
or a Flex client(cross platform client) How do I do it? I cannot use OMElement here as It
is not present in .NET framework or Flex.
> Any pointers are greatly appreciated. All of us use web services for cross platform communication,
so we might stumble upon this issue sooner or later.

> Thanks,
> suchitha

for more details ,but at the moment Axis2 does not supports for JAX-RS (JSR 311) annotation
based RESTFUL service model.

> [1] - http://wso2.org/blog/keith/958
> [2]- http://wso2.org/library/175
>
> Thanks ,
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Chinmoy Chakraborty <cchinu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> try this: http://ws.apache.org/axis2/0_94/rest-ws.html
>>
>> Chinmoy
>>
>> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:39 AM, Suchitha Koneru (sukoneru)
>> <sukoneru@cisco.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello all ,
>>>               Does Axis 2.0 support JAX-RS and JSR 331 ? Could you

>>> please provide information in regard to the support provided by Axis
>>> 2.0 for developing RESTFUL services.
>>> thanks,