axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Handling Large data in a method call
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 05:31:03 GMT
HTTP chunking is probably already in use, but in any case is unlikely to
make any difference in your memory usage. XMLBeans *always* builds the
document representation in memory - that's just how it's written. The
representation it builds is not as memory-intensive as that used by
WS-Security, but it's still a lot more than the size of the data objects
that are being serialized.

Your other alternative is to use multiple messages to send the data.
Since you have some control over the server side you should be able to
change the interface to allow multiple calls to the same operation. This
would allow you to just break up the data into multiple requests when it
gets beyond a certain size (perhaps 20000 objects, or whatever number
makes sense). Maybe this is what you meant by the reference to chunking?

  - Dennis