axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ibrahim demir <ibrahimdem...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Limitations in using ADB for our ws-clent
Date Mon, 04 May 2009 11:13:10 GMT
Hi;

"... and has difficulty with structures such as XML Schema element
extensions and restrictions".

has the same meaning with what I habe said. It can not dinamically adapt itself to the changes
on the schema definitions.
For example if a service returning these information
name
surname
customer_code

one day it starts returning:

customer_second_name
name
surname
customer_code

than ADB fails till you regenrate the client. It can not get the name,surname,customer_code
elements form the response because of the parsing structure. It really has a hard_coded parsing
mecanism.

There are some tricks to ignore these runtime exceptions but I really do not advice it.

Yours.

 Ibrahim DEMIR
CyberSoft Yazilim Muh.
http://www.ibrahimdemir.org