axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "krishna.arani" <arani.kris...@gmail.com>
Subject can a message part be xsi:nil="true"
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 16:38:37 GMT

I am in a process of migrating to Axis2 with ADB binding from axis1.
Basically I have a rpc/literal Web Service operation Response with multiple
parts in it. Of this one of the message part itself can be null. The message
definition looks likes this

 <wsdl:message name="TryGetByKeyTenantResponse">
      	<wsdl:part name="orderKey" type="na:OrderKey" />
      	<wsdl:part name="entity" type="ys:TenantValue" />
 </wsdl:message>

In the above example part entity will be null if no object is found for the
request. so the expected soap response will be

<s5:entity xsi:nil="1" xmlns:s5="http://www.syndesis.com/ys/intf"

                   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"/>

But the ADB Wraper class generated from wsdl2java throws exception when
entity is nil.

Is there any way where I can define a wraper for the messages myself and
generate the code unwrapped way. Thanks in advance for the help.

-Krishna Arani