axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramesh Vishwanatham <rvishwanat...@dtcc.com>
Subject Re: Message Receiver not found for AxisOperation error with Axis2 1.4.1 and service built using JAX-WS
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:37:23 GMT
Hi Alain

Thanks for quick response.

 My understanding is, you deploy "jar" file (without services.xml) in
servicejars directory under axis2 distribution  and run axis2server.bat
and not under tomcat.

Use "aar" deployment (along with services.xml) with tomcat or  other
application server.

Please correct if I am wrong.

You are 100% correct about "The guide however provides zero info on how to
do this" deploying aar along with services.xml. I was playing different
combinations and norrow it down to following:

a) service implementation is wrong, some thing is missing
or
b) services.xml is missing some thing
or
c) axis2 1.4.1 version has bugs reagrding deploying aar for JAX-WS

I will try deploying jar with servicejars and see what happens.

But in real world, you write a wsdl (with policy and security info) and
deploy services under app server. I am trying to understand axis2  with
JAX-WS by wrting a simple service.

Regards,
Ramesh

"Alain Drolet" <adrolet@nortel.com>
04/17/2009 03:38 PM
Please respond to
axis-user@ws.apache.org

axis-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Message Receiver not found for AxisOperation error with Axis2 1.4.1
and service built using JAX-WS

Hi Rameh

I have very limited time to answer to you.
Also I am not an axis2 guru, but I typically make it do what I need if I
fight for long enough.

Having said that here are a few quick pointers I can provide.
These are based on experience and what I think I know about axis2 ways to
do things.
Axis2 real gurus, feel free to correct me.

There is 2 general ways to deploy a web service in axis2:

- deploy as a jar file
That seems to be the natural approach provided by axis2 if you build your
project using the JAXWS programming model.
With this approach you generate code from the wsdl using wsimport (not
wsdl2java).
You package as a jar files (see the jaxws-guide).
You do not use a services.xml file. That makes you life easier.
You deploy in the servicejars directory.
This directory uses a different deployer class.
Look in the axis2 configuration file to learn more.

That's the approach I use.

- deploy as a aar file
That's for all the other programming models supported by axis2.
Here you build your archive the axis2 way. That's why its not a war file.
You generate code using wsdl2java. That also produce a services.xml file.
You deploy in the services directory.

In theory aar files can be used as well for JAXWS project.
The guide however provides zero info on how to do this.
For instance you need to specify the message receivers.
I just gave up and deploy as aar in servicejars - easy!

Hoping this helps
Alain

Alain Drolet
QT12 Layer 2 Provisioning Design
email: adrolet@nortel.com
Location: CAR L10W F2 PJ6 Phone: (613) 763-4258; Fax: 763-4157
Nortel, Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1Y 4H7

Ramesh Vishwanatham wrote:

Hi Axis2 Developers and Gurus

Recently I have sent  below request to "axis2-user" group and did not get
any responses at all. I am evalutaing axis2 and JAX-WS programming model
and struck with simple sample application. I found there is not much
material out there like "how-to" step by step guild to build web
applications using axis2 and JAX-WS. I have read following link
"http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/jaxws-guide.html" and gives an overall
high level view but lacks details.

May be some thing is wrong with my implementation class and/or
services.xml file. Also there is a possibility there is bug in Axis2 1.4.1
for JAX-WS.

I am hoping some one will clarify this issue.

Thanks in Advance
Ramesh
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All

I am getting below error when a client calls a web service operation built
using Axis2 1.4.1, Java 1.6, JAX-WS
and Tomcat 6.0.18:

[ERROR] Message Receiver not found for AxisOperation: {http://service/
}getQuote
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Message Receiver not found for AxisOperation:
{http:
//service/}getQuote

Here are the steps followed:

1) Axis2 war file is deployed in Tomcat 6.0.18.

2) Using top-down model with existing wsdl. Generated server and client
side code using wsimport tool part of
Java 1.6. Added Java implementation class for interface and deployed the
service under services folder in axis2
WEB-INF.The service is deployed and it is active.

3) When I run the client I get an exception with above exception message

4) I also built service using axis2 WSDL2Java tool (adb as data binding)
and deployed it. When I ran the
client (which is built using JAX-WS api) it works fine.

So the error is in service side with JAX-WS. Is it a bug in axis2 1.4.1
implememtation or some thing I am missing?

Please help me resolve this issue.

Below are the service implementation class, services.xml and wsdl files:

Prj71Impl.java
---------------
package service;
import javax.jws.WebService;
import javax.xml.ws.BindingType;
import javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPBinding;

@WebService(endpointInterface = "service.Prj71",
       serviceName = "Prj71Service",
wsdlLocation="META-INF/Prj71Service.wsdl", portName= "Prj71Port")
public class Prj71Impl implements Prj71 {

       public         GetQuoteResponse
       getQuote(GetQuoteRequest req) {
               GetQuoteResponse res = new GetQuoteResponse();
               res.setReturn(100);
               return res;
       }

}

services.xml
------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<serviceGroup>
   <service name="Prj71Service" scope="application">
       <messageReceiver>
           <messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
 class="org.apache.axis2.jaxws.server.JAXWSMessageReceiver"/>
       </messageReceiver>
       <parameter name="ServiceClass">service.Prj71Impl</parameter>
       <parameter name="useOriginalwsdl">true</parameter>
       <!-- Below entries are added but no difference in resolving the
problem -->
       <parameter name="modifyUserWSDLPortAddress">true</parameter>
       <operation name="getQuote" mep=
"http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out" namespace="http://service/">
           <actionMapping>tns:getQuote</actionMapping>
           <outputActionMapping>http://service/Prj71/getQuoteResponse
</outputActionMapping>
       </operation>
   </service>
</serviceGroup>

Prj7Service.wsdl
-----------------

<wsdl:definitions  name="Prj71Service" targetNamespace="http://service/"
       xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:tns=
"http://service/"
       xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/">
 <wsdl:types>
   <xsd:schema>
     <xsd:import namespace="http://service/"
schemaLocation="Prj71Service_schema1.xsd"/>
   </xsd:schema>
 </wsdl:types>
 <wsdl:message name="getQuoteRequest">
   <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:GetQuoteRequest"/>
 </wsdl:message>
 <wsdl:message name="getQuoteResponse">
   <wsdl:part name="parameters" element="tns:GetQuoteResponse"/>
 </wsdl:message>
 <wsdl:portType name="Prj71">
   <wsdl:operation name="getQuote">
     <wsdl:input message="tns:getQuoteRequest"/>
     <wsdl:output message="tns:getQuoteResponse"/>
   </wsdl:operation>
 </wsdl:portType>
 <wsdl:binding name="Prj71PortBinding" type="tns:Prj71">
   <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"
style="document"/>
   <wsdl:operation name="getQuote">
     <soap:operation soapAction="tns:getQuote"/>
     <wsdl:input>
       <soap:body use="literal"/>
     </wsdl:input>
     <wsdl:output>
       <soap:body use="literal"/>
     </wsdl:output>
   </wsdl:operation>
 </wsdl:binding>
 <wsdl:service name="Prj71Service">
   <wsdl:port name="Prj71Port" binding="tns:Prj71PortBinding">
     <soap:address location=
"http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/Prj71Service"/>
   </wsdl:port>
 </wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>

Thanks
Ramesh
DTCC DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error,
please notify us immediately and delete the email and any attachments from
your system. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage