axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Adding Axis2 service to existing web application.
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 01:10:49 GMT

pls download wsdl4j.jar into WEB-INF/lib
http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/AXIS2/Downloadwsdl4j162jar.htm

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
This message is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
we kindly ask you to  please inform the sender. Any unauthorised dissemination or copying
hereof is prohibited. This message serves for information purposes only and shall not have
any legally binding effect. Given that e-mails can easily be subject to manipulation, we can
not accept any liability for the content provided.

From: azazel.se@hotmail.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Adding Axis2 service to existing web application.
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 21:13:24 +0000

I have a working web application and want to add an axis2 service to it.

The aar file I have been testing with is a simple java class with a public method which echos
a string.

The service is tested and worked in axis2 standalone server and when axis2 is a web application
in Tomcat (axis2.war).

But I cannot get it to work when trying to add the service only through my web application.

I have added the aar file to the folder "myApp.war"/WEB-INF/services/

It contains:

net/

    HelloEcho.class

META-INF/

    MANIFEST

    services.xml

    zzz.wsdl

The wsdl is auto-made by java2wsdl and the aar file is made by the service archiver codegen
in eclipse.

I read in an article (http://www.developer.com/open/article.php/10930_3777111_2) that it could
be done by adding the text written at the bottom to the web.xml file in my war which I did.
I also added a dependency for axis2 (see below).

It deploys without error and the original web application works, but I cannot get the service
to work. I get the error mentioned at the bottom when trying to type in http://localhost:8080/myAppl/services/zzz?wsdl
. Actually I get this not matter what I write behind the services/ . But zzz is the name of
the service and what I wrote in the axis2 servers so I guess the error has to do with axis2
not being properly configured? The article in the link above mentions axis2.xml in a conf/
folder in the WEB-INF, but doesn't say where it is from or what it contains..  Do I have to
add more dependencies to maven or more in the web.xml file?

Anything I have forgotten or is there an easier way to do what I want?

-Az.

Web.xml:
<servlet>
   <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
   <display-name>Apache-Axis Servlet</display-name>
   <servlet-class>
      org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet
   </servlet-class>
   <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>AxisServlet</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/services/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>--------------Pom.xml:<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>
   <artifactId>axis2</artifactId>
   <version>1.4.1</version>
</dependency>-------------Error when trying to check if service is deployed/working:javax.servlet.ServletException:
Servlet.init() for servlet AxisServlet threw exception
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

root cause java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/wsdl/xml/WSDLLocator
	org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(AxisServlet.java:516)
	org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:436)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

root cause
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.wsdl.xml.WSDLLocator
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
	org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
	org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initConfigContext(AxisServlet.java:516)
	org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(AxisServlet.java:436)
	org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Få gratisprogrammene fra Windows Live™. Last ned her.
Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.