axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sanjay Gupta <Sanjay.Gu...@billwiseinc.com>
Subject RE: Error handing in axis2
Date Sun, 26 Apr 2009 15:54:18 GMT
Hi,
After removing <sp:IncludeTimestamp/> from the policy I am no longer getting MIssing
SOAP Header error. But I don't get my custom exception which has two extra field for errorno
and errormessage. I just get org.apache.axis2.AxisFault which does have my message but I would
like to have my custom exception.
Thanks
Sanjay

From: Sanjay Gupta [mailto:Sanjay.Gupta@billwiseinc.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 8:50 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Error handing in axis2

Hi,
I am using axis2 to expose POJO as services. In case of an error I throw an custom exception.
The pojo methods returns a string. When I was using axis1.2.1 the return was set to void.
I had to change that to String to avoid inonly  error I kept getting. I could not find a solution
to that problem so I decided to return string when I upgrdaded to axis2. In case of an exception
on the client side now I am getting org.apache.axis2.AxisFault  with SOAP heading missing
as message instead of my custom exception which has some custom variables. I am using rampart
to do basic auth using username token. Am I doing something wrong or approaching it incorrectly.
I would really appreciate any help/pointers.
Thanks
Sanjay