axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "D'Arcy, Hamlet B" <Hamlet.DA...@Pearson.com>
Subject Using JAX-B in Axis2 Service without JAX-WS
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:24:38 GMT
Is it possible to use JAX-B binding without using JAX-WS deployment?

As an example, I have a User class that is annotated with JAX-B
annotations. And I have a simple service that creates users:

public interface MyService {
  public User createUser(User userSpecification);
}

And I have a services.xml like this:

<service name="Axis2UserService">
	<parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="false">example.MyService</parameter>
	<operation name="createUser">
		<messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.jaxws.server.JAXWSMessageReceiver"/>
	</operation>
</service>

The generated wsdl still uses ADB bindings. What message receiver do I
need to use to get the JAX-B bindings?  If I deploy the same service as
a JAX-WS service then it all works find and the schema is as I need it.
However, I don't want to deploy as JAX-WS. I want to deploy as a normal
Axis2 service so I can reuse my existing modules and Spring
configuration.

Is this possible?

--
Hamlet D'Arcy