axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: How to monitor SOAP messages in the Client without changing the server?
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:48:00 GMT
I don't think that adding it to the manifest will work, but if you
explicitly include the .mar in your runtime classpath that should do it
(assuming the .mar has been properly constructed).

You'll need to have logging enabled in your client in order to make use
of the logging module. To do this, create a file named log4j.properties
in any convenient location, then add the directory of that file to your
runtime classpath. The directory needs to precede the Axis2 jars or any
other jars that might have their own log4j.properties. To work with the
logging module you'll need to have something like the following for the
content:

# direct log messages to stdout #
log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L
- %m%n

# change logging level here.
log4j.rootLogger=info, stdout

If you still have problems with loading the logging module you can try
changing "info" in the above line to "debug" and see if the resulting
output gives you any hints as to why the logging module is failing to load.

  - Dennis