axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Empty HTTP POST AXIOM
Date Sat, 07 Mar 2009 22:53:20 GMT
I quickly read through the specs of that protocol [1]. To summarize:
it doesn't use the standard SOAP/HTTP binding, but it uses a
particular binding where the HTTP server sends requests to the HTTP
client and the client responds to the HTTP server in the next HTTP
request (i.e. the HTTP request-response flow is opposite to the SOAP
request-response flow). I guess that an empty HTTP post is used to
initiate the communication, i.e. to allow the HTTP server to send the
first request.

[1] http://www.broadband-forum.org/technical/download/TR-069Amendment1.pdf