axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <oh...@cox.net>
Subject Re: How to update Axis web service?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I actually found that same info when I was searching, but what I'm asking is, if hotupdate
is false, then how do you update an Axis web service?

I tried uploading the updated AAR, which didn't do anything, and I tried manually copying
the AAR file into the service directory, which also didn't do anything.  In both cases, I
unzipped the AAR file and decompiled the .class and verified that the .class had my changes,
but I can't figure out how to tell Axis (or Tomcat) that there's a new AAR.

Thanks again,
Jim

---- charitha kankanamge <charitha@wso2.com> wrote:
> Excerpt from  http://www.developer.com/services/article.php/3557741
> <quote>
>  Hotupdate is an important feature and is required in a testing
> environment. However, it is not advisable to use hot update in a
> real-time system because a hot update could result in the system leading
> to an unknown state. Additionally, there is the possibility of losing
> the existing service data of that service. To prevent this, Axis2 came
> with the hot update parameter set to FALSE by default.
> </quote>
>
> HTH,
> Charitha
>
> http://charithaka.blogspot.com
> ohaya@cox.net wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I was able to get the web service updated by changing the "hotupdate" to "true" in
axis2.xml, but I still am wondering, if the "hotupdate" parameter is left at "false", what
is the procedure to update an existing web service?

> >Thanks,
> >Jim
> >
> >---- ohaya@cox.net wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I just got Axis2 installed, with Tomcat.
> >>
> >>To get started, I built the quickstart sample by running ant, and then I used
the Axis admin webapp to upload the StockQuoteService.aar, and that worked, i.e., I can access
the web service operations.

> >>I wanted to modify the StockQuoteService update operation so that it would return
something, so I modified the StockQuoteService.java, and then ran ant again.

> >>I didn't see something like "delete a service" in the Axis admin, so I tried
uploading the update .aar file, but even after I bounced Tomcat, it looks like it's still
using the original StockQuoteService.  Also, the WSDL that I get when I got to the ?wsdl URL
is still not showing any response for the update operation.