axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Manuel Lenz <...@viessmann.com>
Subject RE: Problem using special character "<"
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:36:21 GMT

Hi Developers,
I´ve got a hint for resolving the problem.
Axis ist changing "&lt;" into "&amp;lt;".
So the webservice isn´t able to change "&amp;lt;" into "<".
Do you know how to prevent the change from "&lt;" to "&amp;lt;"?

Thanks for your help,
M. Lenz

             Manuel Lenz
             <lzm@viessmann.co
             m>                                                         An
                                        axis-user@ws.apache.org
             24.02.2009 13:59                                        Kopie

                                                                     Thema
              Bitte antworten           Problem using special character
                    an                  "<"
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Hi Axis-Users,
I try to call a webservice with a search-request.
The search request includes the special character "<".
The webservice itself works with the html-writing "&lt;".
So I´ve added this code for the search request:

MessageElement operator = new MessageElement();
operator.setName("operator");
operator.setValue("&lt;");

But the webservice ignores the operator.
What is wrong with the search request?

Thanks for your interest,
Manuel

Ps: I´m using Axis 1.2.1

Viessmann IT Service GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dirk Klöckner, Dr. Harald Dörnbach
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Allendorf (Eder) - Registergericht:
AG Marburg (Lahn) - HRB 5324 - USt-IdNr.: DE258558424