axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Brian De Pradine <PRAD...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Inconsistent behaviour in AddressingOutHandler
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:23:06 GMT
Hi Sharath,

This issue has been discussed as a part of [1]. I suggest you have a look
at it.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3987

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

sharath reddy <sharathreddy@yahoo.com> wrote on 13/02/2009 17:10:59:

> [image removed]
>
> Inconsistent behaviour in AddressingOutHandler
>
> sharath reddy
>
> to:
>
> axis-user
>
> 13/02/2009 17:12
>
> Please respond to axis-user
>
> Hi,
>
> According to the WS-Adressing spec, MessageId and ReplyTo are
> optional parameters.
>
> This is supported in Axis by setting the parameter
> 'AddressingConstants.INCLUDE_OPTIONAL_HEADERS' to 'false' on the
> ServiceClient options.
>
> However, in the AddressingOutHandler, the code checks if the
> properties 'MessageId' and 'ReplyTo' are set on the
> messageContextOptions. If they are set, they are added, disregarding
> the INCLUDE_OPTIONAL_HEADERS paramter.
>
> However, ServiceClient ALWAYS seems to generate a message id and set
> it on the Message Context. Therefore it is always added by the
> AddressingOutHandler.
>
> I think this could possibly be fixed in 2 ways:
> 1. ServiceClient (or to be more specific, OperationClient) should
> not be generating and setting MessageId.
> 2. If the INCLUDE_OPTIONAL_HEADERS parameter is false, these headers
> should NOT be added, even if they are present on the messageContext.
>
> If you indicate the correct desired behaviour, I could submit a
> patch to fix this.
>
> Regards,
> Sharath

Unless stated otherwise above: