axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael <mtarullo...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: Passing And Returning Objects
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 00:18:58 GMT
Below please find the source code and reuntime results that demonstrates the problem I'm having.

This is not my actual application but what I'm doing is essentially the same thing.

WEB SERVICE CODE
----------------
package ws.pojo.data;

public class WSDataOnlyObj
{
 public String str = "This is a data only object";
 public int    num = 1;
}

package ws.pojo.service;

import ws.pojo.data.*;

public class WS
{
 private String          str;
 private WSDataOnlyObj   objDataOnly;

 public String GetString( )
 {
  str = "This is a string";

  return str;
 }

 public WSDataOnlyObj GetDataOnlyObj( )
 {
  objDataOnly = new WSDataOnlyObj( );
  return objDataOnly;
 }
}

CLIENT CODE
-----------
package ws.pojo.service;

import ws.pojo.data.*;

import java.rmi.RemoteException;
import javax.xml.namespace.QName;

import org.apache.axis2.AxisFault;
import org.apache.axis2.addressing.*;
import org.apache.axis2.client.*;
import org.apache.axis2.rpc.client.*;

public class WSClient
{
 public static void main(String[] args)
 {
  try
  {
   WSStub.GetStringResponse      getStringResp;
   WSStub.GetDataOnlyObjResponse getDOObjResp;

   WSStub stub = new WSStub("http://localhost:8080/Webservice/services/WS/ws/pojo/service");

   getStringResp = stub.GetString();
   getDOObjResp  = stub.GetDataOnlyObj();

   System.out.println("RESULT Of Call To Web Service GetSting(): " +
                                            getStringResp.get_return());
   System.out.println("RESULT Of Call To Web Service GetDataOnlyObj().getStr(): " +  getDOObjResp.get_return().getStr());
   System.out.println("RESULT Of Call To Web Service GetDataOnlyObj().getNum(): " +
            getDOObjResp.get_return().getNum());
  }
  catch(AxisFault axisEx)
  {
   System.out.println(axisEx.getMessage());
  }
  catch(RemoteException remEx)
  {
   System.out.println(remEx.getMessage());
  }
 }
}

RESULTS
-------
RESULT Of Call To Web Service GetSting(): This is a string
RESULT Of Call To Web Service GetDataOnlyObj().getStr(): null
RESULT Of Call To Web Service GetDataOnlyObj().getNum(): -2147483648