axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Fister <jasonfis...@gmail.com>
Subject axis2java Vs jax-ws
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 22:19:44 GMT
Hello folks,

We need to write and host a webservice which will act as both a server as
well as a client to a 3rd party webservice. let me make it more clear:

My webservice will receive requests from applications with in our company,
process the requests, call a webservice hosted by a third party outside our
company, receive and process the response and finally respond to the client.

we are in the process of evaluating different soap frameworks. the first 2
that I came across were axis2java and jax-ws v2.1.5.

i am not even sure if the 2 are competing, comparable products. can someone
pls enlighten me on the differences?

is one more stable than the other?
is one more popular than the other?
how about features?
performance?

I would greatly appreciate any help in this regard

Jason