axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael <mtarullo...@optonline.net>
Subject Passing And Returning Objects
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:04:45 GMT
For the web services application I am developing I have designed my web services methods to
accept objects and return objects.  To avoid any problems and follow "best practices" for
web development I have designed these objects with only "primitives" as attributes for objects
that are passed and returned.

The stub code generated by Axis2 appears to provide everything needed to get and set the attributed
for these objects.  I have tried several of my web service methods from a test client using
the Axis2 generated client stub.  I am able to set the attributes of all passed objects and
retrieve the attributes of all returned objects, but in both cases the attributes have no
values!!!!

I have debugged the code on both the server and client side to make sure the values were being
set correctly going both ways, and they are.  It is as if when the objects are serialized
and deserialized from client to server or server to client the attribute values of the passed
and returned objects are being lost.

Can anyone explain?

Thanks,
Mike