axis-java-user mailing list archives

From JeeM <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 server with swing frontend - how do I do this?
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 05:22:28 GMT

Hi,

Just a quick update for those who might be wondering about this. Hope this
helps. :-)

What I wanted was a simple Swing GUI that displayed messages received from a
client.
In the end I went with this approach:
1. create a Swing app as normal
2. expose a ConcurrentLinkedQueue to store the messages to be displayed
3. implement an Axis2 service (POJO) that deposits all received messages
into #2 above
4. embed the Axis2 SimpleHTTPServer and expose a service based on #3 above
5. implement a separate thread that polled #2 and initiate updates #1 as
required

cheers