axis-java-user mailing list archives

From JeeM <fo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Axis2 server with swing frontend - how do I do this?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 03:58:04 GMT

Hi folks

I found tutorials on Swing frontend acting as an Axis2 client only so far.
Would you like to seek your advice whether this possible and how to go about
it. :-)

Currently I have a POJO with say, a method like 'sayHello' . That method
echos the message it receives to the command line. When I run it in Axis2,
Axis2 dynamically generates the WSDL and everything works great - I can
connect to my POJO and send messages through etc etc.

Now instead of having my POJO write to the command line, I'd like to first
have a Swing UI appear. When my client sends messages across I would like
those messages to appear in, say, a JTextArea (or similar) :)

The problem is I can't see how to go about this. If I try to have my POJO
instantiate my Swing UI, nothing happens (no UI appears). On the other hand
I tried to first instantiate my Swing UI, THEN create my POJO by embedding
Axis2. This doesn't work either . I also can't figure out how to pass
parameters between the two classes.

Appreciate your advice please :)

Thanks!