axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "McCullough, Ryan" <rmccullo...@rightnow.com>
Subject RE: SSL tunnel (https through proxy)
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:01:30 GMT
I got this working.

I needed to sent the "CONNECT <host>:<port> HTTP/1.1\r\n" to the proxy server
un-encrypted and then read the un-encrypted HTTP 200 OK response.

After that, a tunnel is established to <host>:<port> and you can send the ssl
handshake and then the encrypted data.

-Ryan

From: McCullough, Ryan [mailto:rmccullough@rightnow.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 11:11 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: SSL tunnel (https through proxy)

I am trying to add the ability to do SSL tunneling through a proxy server to Axis1 C++.

I was curious how this works. I did find some reference works by Ari Luotonen from 1995 and
1998.
http://muffin.doit.org/docs/rfc/tunneling_ssl.html
http://www.web-cache.com/Writings/Internet-Drafts/draft-luotonen-web-proxy-tunneling-01.txt
http://www.w3.org/Daemon/User/Patch/SSL.patch

It looks like you need to send an HTTP 'CONNECT <host>:<port> HTTP/1.1\r\n' un-encrypted.
The question I have is if the ssl encrypted request follow this http header in the request
or if it is a separate request.

I guess what I am looking for is what requests are necessary and what the content should be.

-Ryan

Ryan McCullough | RightNow Technologies | Integration Tools Engineer
406-556-3162 office | Bozeman, MT | rmccullough@rightnow.com<mailto:rmccullough@rightnow.com>