axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Van Sande <sebast...@vansande.org>
Subject Re: Reload keystore file
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:59:38 GMT
Thanks a lot, Nandana, injecting a custom socket factory to axis2 did the
job!

This is what I did:
- I created a custom socket factory, based on the one you can find at
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpcomponents/oac.hc3x/trunk/src/contrib/org/apache/commons/httpclient/contrib/ssl/AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory.java?view=markup
- I added a method in this custom socket factory to reset the sslContext.
This will result in reloading the keystore.

The whole flow works now as following when a certificate should get renewed
in the keystore:
- The application calls a method which will call a method on a stub
- The stub method throws an exception which is catched ...
- In this catch block I try to do an SSL handshake with the keystore.
- If the SSL handshake fails, I start an update method on a keystore manager
..
- this update method will extract all the certificates from the service and
put them in the keystore file
- then, it will re-init the sslcontext in the custom socket factory
- the flow returns to the catch block in the original called method which
will call 1 more time the method on the stub with the same parameters. If it
fails again, it will throw an exception to the caller ...

The result is taht no operator action is needed to update the keystore
manually with new certificates and/or restart the application. Everything
goes automatically!

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Sebastian

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <
nandana.cse@gmail.com> wrote:

> ... will Axis2 detect this and use my custom Protocol and MySSLSocketFactory?
>>

> You need to set the a property in the options [1].
>
> thanks,
> nandana
>
> [1] - http://wso2.org/library/1646
>

>> I see that I can use AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory as my custom SSL Socket
>> Factory to make use of my keystore and force reloading.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Sebastian
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <
>> nandana.cse@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I assume you use Axis2 as a web service client. I think better solution
>>> for you would be to use a custom SSL Socket factory to handle your scenario.
>>> You can find more information on how to implement and use a custom SSL
>>> Socket factory here [1]. You can also raise the question in commons http
>>> client list too.
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> nandana
>>>
>>> [1] - http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/sslguide.html

Web

and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
the intended recipient, you are not authorized to
or any part thereof. If you receive this message