axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sebastian Van Sande <sebast...@vansande.org>
Subject Re: Reload keystore file
Date Thu, 29 Jan 2009 09:59:58 GMT
Hi Nandana,

Thanks for your reply. If I use a custom SSL Socket Factory for my 'custom
protocol' and use this as the SSL default protocol handler with this code:

Protocol.registerProtocol("https",
new Protocol("https", new MySSLSocketFactory(), 443));

... will Axis2 detect this and use my custom Protocol and
MySSLSocketFactory?

I see that I can use AuthSSLProtocolSocketFactory as my custom SSL Socket
Factory to make use of my keystore and force reloading.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind regards,
Sebastian

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <
nandana.cse@gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume you use Axis2 as a web service client. I think better solution for
> you would be to use a custom SSL Socket factory to handle your scenario. You
> can find more information on how to implement and use a custom SSL Socket
> factory here [1]. You can also raise the question in commons http client
> list too.
>
> thanks,
> nandana
>
> [1] - http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/sslguide.html
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Sebastian Van Sande <
> sebastian@vansande.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply, Yves Marie!
>>
>> Unfortunately, restarting the application is something we don't want since
>> this application will run 24/7 in a production environment.
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to let Axis2 know to reload the keystore file, at
>> runtime without restarting my application.
>> I know *when* it has to reload the keystore file, I just don't know *how*
>> to do this in code.
>>
>> If anyone knows how to let Axis2 reload the keystore file, let me know!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Sebastian
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:11 AM, DANIEL, Yves Marie <
>> yves-marie.daniel@capgemini.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi !
>>>
>>> With a Jonas application server and a mutual authentication with SSL, we
>>> find that we had to restart Jonas so it could see change the changes of path
>>> or content for keystores. It seems to be the same with tomcat, don't know if
>>> it Axis2 or the application server.
>>>
>>> Yves-Marie

is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
>>> intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are not authorized to
>>> read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any
part thereof. If you receive this message