axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jason Wells <ja...@wells.me>
Subject Returning from a different package
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:13:58 GMT
Hi, I'm new to the Axis2/SOAP world and I'm using Tomcat 6/Axis2
1.4.1. I'm running into a problem. I've written a simple Java POJO
service and generated ADB client code from its generated WSDL. One of
its operations returns another simple POJO, in this case having two
String members. When I call it from a SOAP tool I'm using, I get this
response back:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
"
	<soapenv:Body>
		<ns:getClass1Response xmlns:ns="http://service.enterprise.semantica">
			<ns:return type="semantica.enterprise.model.Concept">
				<ax21:name>Blah<./ax21:name>
				<ax21:guid>Blah2.</ax21:guid>
			</ns:return>
		</ns:getClass1Response>
	</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

And when I call that operation from my ADB client, I get the following
exception:

"org.apache.axis2.AxisFault:
org.apache.axis2.databinding.ADBException: Unexpected subelement guid"

But I have another operation that is essentially identical, in that it
has the same signature and returns a different POJO having two
Strings, just like the first one. I get this back:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/
">
	<soapenv:Body>
		<ns:getZogResponse xmlns:ns="http://service.enterprise.semantica">
			<ns:return type="semantica.enterprise.service.Zog">
				<ax23:one>One.</ax23:one>
				<ax23:theOther>The Other.</ax23:theOther>
			</ns:return>
		</ns:getZogResponse>
	</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

This one works in the ADB client. The only significant difference I
see is that the QNames for the return classes is different (ax21 vs.
ax23). The two classes are basically identical, except that the broken
code uses a class from a different package than the service class, and
the working class is in the same package. But why would this be a
problem?

Thanks,
Jason