axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Owen Mills" <owen.mi...@gmail.com>
Subject Automatically engage Axis Module on every service call
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:57:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently working on an application which uses Axis generated
stubs from a java web start client.  I basically want to add security
to the header of outgoing requests sent from this client.

I'm trying to use a module archive and if I explicitly engage the
module from within the client code using
axisStub._getServiceClient().engageModule("testModule"); when the
service is invoked using that stub, the module archive is executed
correctly and the header of the request is updated with the
appropriate security token.

However, I would much prefer to have the module engaged on every
service call without having to explicitly engage it in the client
code.  I've tried playing around with settings in the axis2.xml file,
but no matter what I try, I can't seem to engage the module without
adding axisStub._getServiceClient().engageModule("testModule"); to the
client code.

>From what I have read it seems that this sort of functionality can be
achieved on the server side using the service.xml file, but cannot be
achieved through configuration alone on the client side.  Is this
correct?

Cheers,

Owen