axis-java-user mailing list archives

From gezhall <ghall12...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: List of free webservices
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:34:32 GMT

Hello all.

I have tried two of these services myself, to get a better understanding of
Axis. But neither seem to work for me.

In both cases the addresses in the code generated from the WSDL file doesn't
seem to resolve to anything, and I get a ConnectionException, timed out.

For example, the first service listed on the xmethods website,
http://www.xmethods.net/ve2/index.po http://www.xmethods.net/ve2/index.po
(PrimeNumber generator) has the QName set as
http://microsoft.com/webservices/ http://microsoft.com/webservices/
...this doesn't resolve as you can see.

The other one I tried ( http://services.aonaware.com/
http://services.aonaware.com/ ) has a similar address setting of
http://services.aonaware.com/webservices/
http://services.aonaware.com/webservices/  - this also cannot be found.

Are these just out of date, or am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Many thanks.