axis-java-user mailing list archives

From <Matthias.Gai...@t-systems.com>
Subject AW: Large xml response
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:26:04 GMT
I thought into the same direction that not the SOAP framework but the
underlying transport framework should take care of this, e.g. like the
tomcat my webapp is running on. Is there somehow an option to do this?

With such an option I then might run into interoperability issues on the
other hand or is there a standard solution for such an issue?

Matthias.

I believe this would be a configuration option in Apache to gzip

From: Matthias.Gaiser@t-systems.com
[mailto:Matthias.Gaiser@t-systems.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:38 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Large xml response

Hi group,

I have read some earlier threads but haven't found an answer there.

I want to implement a web service which will forward large xml strings
which it receives via backend services. I have a few points where I want
to ask if there is a standard solution.

- Does Axis offer some standard mechanism to compress the contents which
it delivers back? The packed size of the xml might be around 5mb which
should be ok to return.

- Is there a way to make Axis not (de)serializing the whole xml? AXIOM
is going in that direction that it parses on demand, so I might save
memory if I just take the OMElement I get via the backend services and
return it with my service. What do you think?

I am helpful for any hints to a solution.

Matthias.