axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Shehan Simen <ssi...@itree.com.au>
Subject do I need to recreate axis2 client stub?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 05:19:39 GMT
Hi,
I have deployed an axis2 web service which is already using by the clients.
I have to update this service to pass another input parameter to one of web service method,
let's say getName() method.
If I add a new parameter to the request as an optional field (minOccurs="0"), will it affect
the old users of the web service? Do the old users have to regenerate the client stub (even
if they do not want to pass the new parameter) ?
If the old users still can use the same old client stub, it would make my life so easier that
I don't want create a new web service method ( I can just modify the old method so both the
new and old users can use it).