axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Virtual Light <>
Subject RE: JAX-WS support in axis2
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:01:46 GMT

If you want JAX-WS and JAXB data bindings I would not use the wsdl2java tool that comes with
Axis2.  I would reccommend that you use wsimport which is the SUN tool to generate JAX-WS
artifacts and JAXB data bindings.  The wsimport tool is available in the JDK I believe starting
with JDK1.5.  It is also available in the WSDP also available from SUN.  The code generated
with this tool will run just fine in Axis2.
Happy Holidays

Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:28:01 +0530From: amilasuriarachchi@gmail.comTo: axis-user@ws.apache.orgSubject:
Re: JAX-WS support in axis2
On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Shehan Simen <> wrote:

Hi Amila,
Thank you for the reply.
Please answer my questions separately.
I saw jaxbri is still in experimental level. How far ADB and JAXB compatible?
If I validate an xml document against JAXB, does it mean that xml is compatible with ADB as
Are there any conflicts between them?
jaxbri and ADB are two different databinding frameworks. there is no compatibility or conflict
among them. Try to generate the code with both frameworks.

Basically I have xml documents which are validated against a schema using JAXB. I have use
the same schema to generate the wsdl2java code using ADB. Do you think those xml documents(validated
against JAXB) are compatible with the ADB generated classes?
yes. if it is a valid xml then ADB will not give any problem. ADB validates the request while
parsing it.

I want to pass those xml documents via the axis2 ADB web service.
Is there a way that I can use ADB separately to validate an xml document against a schema?

you need to generate the code with ADB. please see here[1]

(without using any web service stuff. We can use JAXB like that)

Thank you.

From: Amila Suriarachchi [] Sent: 2008-12-23 17:24
To: axis-user@ws.apache.orgSubject: Re: JAX-WS support in axis2