axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Amila Suriarachchi" <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modules and Handlers
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 02:33:20 GMT
On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Paul French <paul.french@kirona.com> wrote:

>  Unfortunatley you cannot. The module.init() method is called after the
> handler.init() methods and so any setup you do in the module init is not
> available to the handlers.

Module init() is called after handler init(). but those init methods are
called before each handler get invoked. Therefore what ever you initialized
and put to the configuration context is available for handler invocations.
So the normal way is to initialize what ever in the module init() method
which are required in handler invocations.
Anyway I am not clear about your requirement.

> In the end I created my resources in the module constructor since the
> module class is instantiated before the handlers.
> For example I initialise Spring as follows:
>
>   public ModuleLogger()
>   {
>     String[] contexts = new String[] {"logging_module_spring.xml"};
>     ClassPathXmlApplicationContext ac = new
> ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(contexts,false);
>     ac.setClassLoader(this.getClass().getClassLoader());
>     ac.refresh();
>   }
> Then in the handler.init() method I obtain the spring context from the
> ApplicationContextHolder and grab all resources required to support the
> handler e.g. DataSource

If you use spring please look at here[1]. you can initialize things at the
startup method. It is worth to note that all these initializing methods are
happened at deployment time. and hence before processing any requests.

thanks,
Amila.

[1]http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/spring.html

> Cheers,