axis-java-user mailing list archives

From kpalania <kpala...@yahoo.com>
Subject SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:02:12 GMT

Any thoughts on what could cause this exception? I am porting an application
from jdk 1.4 to jdk 1.5 and had to upgrade Axis to the latest version (to
get past the use of "enums" in previous versions of Axis, in its code
generation). Unbounded elements in the WSDL now become Arrays in the
generated classes as opposed to Literals earlier, so I've had to manually
edit a generated class (just to see if it even works). The application
starts up fine but when the Web Service request is made, the following
exception is thrown.

ERROR: 2008-12-23 11:58:47,720: Call: Exception:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a child element,
which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to deserialize.
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.SimpleDeserializer.onStartChild(SimpleDeserializer.java:145)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(DeserializationContext.java:1035)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:165)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.java:1141)
        at
org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:236)
        at org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:384)