axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Manuel Darveau" <manueldarv...@gmail.com>
Subject AXIS2-3239, 3443
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 21:21:19 GMT
Hi all,

I known this is a tough question (and most probably better suited for
axis-dev) but do you have any idea when bug 3239 (and eventually 3443) will
be fixed.
Do you have a target?

In short, the bug is about custom exception handling in the code first
approach. When you develop a service that throws custom exception(s), the
WSDL is correctly created including the custom faults but the resulting
implementation always convert custom exceptions into AxisFault.
This make it difficult/impossible for clients to catch custom/specific
exception.

This is not a show stopper but definitely an annoyance for me. I know you
will say: "it's open source, you can propose a patch" but I would like to
know if a fix is already in progress.
Do you have any pointer for me on where to look for a fix?

Thank you!

Manuel