axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Howell, David" <david.how...@uleth.ca>
Subject Re-generating an Axis 1.4 Web Service in Eclipse?
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:44:25 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Eclipse Europa and Axis 1.4 (i.e. not Axis2) to generate a Web
service in a top-down manner from a wsdl file I have created. This was
working fine, and I was able to generate server-side stubs and develop
my service until I wanted to alter the wsdl and change some of the
elements used in the message definitions (it's a doc/literal service).

I tried to recreate the service from the wsdl by re-running the Web
Service "wizard" without doing anything else to the Eclipse project and
started to get class not found exceptions associated with generated
classes corresponding to an XML element I was no longer using. (I'd post
the exception details, but I no longer have the console output.)

=> Is there something I should have done at this point equivalent to a
clean and re-build action?

Assuming that there were stale build products in my project I deleted
the WebContent folder, hoping that the Web Service wizard / codegen
tools would recreate everything necessary. What I find now is that some
of the files in this folder are generated anew: the WEB-INF  and lib
folders are there, and the generated classes are in the src folder tree.

But other files are missing, and the service can't be deployed to
Tomcat: no META-INF folder, no server-config.wsdd or web.xml.

=> Is there anything I can do at this point to get the Axis 1.4 Web
service tools to generate all the appropriate artefacts as though it was
doing it for the first time?

Thanks,

Dave