axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Eric Decosta <Eric.Deco...@mathworks.com>
Subject RE: AXIS2-3239, 3443
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:44:09 GMT
I'm interested in a fix as well; it seems that part of the issue is that AxisFault.makeFault()
doesn't fill-in the Detail element of the Fault.

Following this example: : http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules/integration/test/org/apache/axis2/engine/util/FaultThrowingService.java?view=markup

You can generate just about anything you want for a Fault, but I'd expect that if I specified
something in the soap:fault for the service that Axis2 handle things automatically.

I'm just making some guesses here as I haven't spent much time rummaging around in the Axis2
code base.

-Eric

From: Manuel Darveau [mailto:manueldarveau@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2008 4:21 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: AXIS2-3239, 3443

Hi all,

I known this is a tough question (and most probably better suited for axis-dev) but do you
have any idea when bug 3239 (and eventually 3443) will be fixed.
Do you have a target?

In short, the bug is about custom exception handling in the code first approach. When you
develop a service that throws custom exception(s), the WSDL is correctly created including
the custom faults but the resulting implementation always convert custom exceptions into AxisFault.
This make it difficult/impossible for clients to catch custom/specific exception.

This is not a show stopper but definitely an annoyance for me. I know you will say: "it's
open source, you can propose a patch" but I would like to know if a fix is already in progress.
Do you have any pointer for me on where to look for a fix?

Thank you!

Manuel