axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Zastrow <thomas.zast...@uni-tuebingen.de>
Subject Re: Faulty service
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 07:48:30 GMT
Hello Martin,

Martin Gainty schrieb:
> did'nt mention which container you'll be using (so sub in
> TOMCAT,WebLogic,Websphere,JBOSS for %CONTAINER%)

It's Tomcat and its working OK for some other webservices which I installed.

> check the .aar is listed in %CONTAINER%\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\services

I didn't build an aar file, I just copied the directory structure to to
/tomcat/webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services/SampleService:

SampleService
    META-INF
       services.xml
    org
       apache
          axis2
             axis2userguide
                SampleService.class

> also check %CONTAINER%\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\services\services.list

That file contains only one not commented line:

version-1.4.1.aar

> (to make sure the .aar is listed in services list)
>
> if you don't see the .aar in .\services folder and dont see your
> service listed in services.list then use admin tool to upload and
> activate e.g.
> %CONTAINER%\axis2\services\admin
> upload the .aar
> activate the service
> 'engage' any applicable Modules to the service
> <re>verify the service is published (and the service's wsdl) is
> displayed in services view
>
> HTH
> Martin

Is it absolute necessarry to build an aar file? As I understood the
documentation, it seems to be OK to copy just the folder to the services
folder?

Thank you for your help!

Best wishes,

Tom