axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shah, Sumit" <sumit.s...@cgi.com>
Subject WSSecurityException: Error in converting SOAP Envelope to Document
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:43:43 GMT

Hi,

I am getting the exception below when the client tries to read the SOAP response back from
the server. I would appreciate your help. The SOAP envelope is UTF-8 encoded and contains
WSSE headers. I have looked through the mailing lists archive, but did not find any answers.

I believe the cause of the exception is:

    [junit] Caused by: org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: Error in conv

erting SOAP Envelope to Document; nested exception is:

    [junit]     org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: com.sun.xml.stream.XMLStreamExc

eption2: ParseError at [row,col]:[32,54]

    [junit] Message: Element type "null" must be followed by either attribute sp

ecifications, ">" or "/>".

    [junit]     at org.apache.rampart.util.Axis2Util.getDocumentFromSOAPEnvelope

(Axis2Util.java:161)

    [junit]     at org.apache.rampart.RampartMessageData.<init>(RampartMessageDa

ta.java:158)

    [junit]     ... 26 more

    [junit] Caused by: org.apache.axiom.om.OMException: com.sun.xml.stream.XMLSt

reamException2: ParseError at [row,col]:[32,54]

    [junit] Message: Element type "null" must be followed by either attribute sp

ecifications, ">" or "/>".

    [junit]     at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBui

Complete stack trace:

    [junit] Nov 25, 2008 5:30:43 PM org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine receive

    [junit] SEVERE: Error in extracting message properties

    [junit] org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Error in extracting message properties

    [junit]     at org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.setFaultCodeAndThr

owAxisFault(RampartReceiver.java:172)

    [junit]     at org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartReceiver.invoke(RampartRece

iver.java:99)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:317)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:264

)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:16

3)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleR

esponse(OutInAxisOperation.java:363)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(Ou

tInAxisOperation.java:416)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute

Impl(OutInAxisOperation.java:228)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClie

nt.java:163)

[...]

lder.java:249)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMNodeImpl.build(OMNodeImpl.jav

a:327)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMElementImpl.build(OMElementIm

pl.java:706)

    [junit]     at org.apache.rampart.util.Axis2Util.getDocumentFromSOAPEnvelope

(Axis2Util.java:96)

    [junit]     ... 27 more

    [junit] Caused by: com.sun.xml.stream.XMLStreamException2: ParseError at [ro

w,col]:[32,54]

    [junit] Message: Element type "null" must be followed by either attribute sp

ecifications, ">" or "/>".

    [junit]     at com.sun.xml.stream.XMLReaderImpl.next(XMLReaderImpl.java:574)

    [junit]     at org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.parserNext(StA

XOMBuilder.java:506)