axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Srinivasa K" <kusampudi.a...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get Username and Password - Axis 1.1
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:12:49 GMT
Hi,

We are using Axis 1.1 with Websphere 6.0

I want to authenticate the user programatically so need get username and
password. From the client, I set the username and password to the Call
object (call. setUsername() and call.setPassword()). If I give a wrong
password, its giving the below error message:

     +++++++++++++++++ Error +++++++++
    AxisFault
     faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}HTTP
     faultSubcode:
     faultString: (401)Unauthorized
     faultActor:
     faultNode:
     faultDetail:
     {}string: return code:  401

(With the current configuration, our application is working fine - its
authenticating and excuting the AxisServelt and some Filters)

Now, irrespective of the authentication failure or success, I want to know:

1. At the server side, how to get the username and password?

I appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Srini