axis-java-user mailing list archives

From overflow_ <overfl...@libero.it>
Subject [Axis2][Tomcat] Thread Pool
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 10:24:38 GMT

I have a web service in Axis2 (running over Tomcat 6.0 and unsing http/1.1
connections).

Now I would like to manage a connection strategy that set up a Thread pool
and the maximum number of concurrent connections. But I realized that both
Tomcat 6 and Axis2 have configuration file for that.

For Tomcat6 I use as thread pool "The Executor: see
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/executor.html here  and
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html here
I can configure this in "apache-tomcat-6.0.18\conf\server.xml"

For Axis2 I use the default Transport Receiver "SimpleHTTPServer" (see
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_1/api/org/apache/axis2/transport/http/SimpleHTTPServer.html
here ) where I can put as parameter

> requestCoreThreadPoolSize:  number of threads available for request
> processing (unless queue fills up)  (default 25)
> requestMaxThreadPoolSize:  number of threads available for request
> processing if queue fills up         (default 150)

I can set up this parameters in
"apache-tomcat-6.0.18\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\conf\axis2.xml"

I would like to understand the difference between the Thread Pool of Tomcat
and the Thread Pool in Axis2.
Which one is the correct one to set up?
How a incoming request is managed between Tomcat and Axis2?
How Tomcat and Axis2 interacts each other?