axis-java-user mailing list archives

From erlloyd <erll...@gmail.com>
Subject Axis2 communication between web services
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:14:05 GMT

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Axis2, and I'm wondering about something I'm seeing when I call
one web service from another.

I have two web services for a school project, one a 'SensorService' and one
a 'SchoolService'. When I call method 'a()' on SensorService, it in turn
calls method 'b()' on the SchoolService.

I'm using Axis2 and Java, generating stub classes using wsdl2java and ADB
data binding.

I don't get any errors during the calls, but after the SensorService calls
the SchoolService, and I point my browser to
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/listServices, I see a new Service
listed that wasn't there before, that looks something like this:

SchoolProfileService1225728541483_1
Service EPR :
http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/SchoolProfileService1225728541483_1
Service Description : No description available for this service
Service Status : Active
Available Operations

    * getLocation
    * anonOutonlyOp
    * anonRobustOp
    * hasActiveWaterSprinklers
    * getSensors
    * getNumStudents
    * getHoursOfOperation
    * setAdminDetails
    * getName
    * setLocation
    * smokeDetectorDeactivated
    * addSensor
    * setNumStudents
    * waterSprinklerActivated
    * smokeDetectorActivated
    * getNumSensors
    * setSensors
    * hasActiveSmokeDetectors
    * setName
    * anonOutInOp
    * waterSprinklerDeactivated
    * setHoursOfOperation

This is in addition to a service that already existed that looked like this:

SchoolProfileService
Service EPR : http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/SchoolProfileService
Service Description : School Profile Service
Service Status : Active
Available Operations

    * getName
    * getLocation
    * waterSprinklerDeactivated
    * hasActiveSmokeDetectors
    * getNumStudents
    * getNumSensors
    * setNumStudents
    * smokeDetectorDeactivated
    * setLocation
    * setAdminDetails
    * setName
    * hasActiveWaterSprinklers
    * setHoursOfOperation
    * smokeDetectorActivated
    * getHoursOfOperation
    * addSensor
    * setSensors
    * waterSprinklerActivated
    * getSensors

What I'm wondering, is this expected behavior? The
'SchoolProfileService1225728541483_1' obviously isn't a real web service,
but why is it being created? If I write just a simple java executable
calling 'b()' on the School Service, the new
SchoolProfileService1225728541483_1 doesn't show up. It only seems to show
up when one web service calls another.

Can anyone explain why this is happening?

Thanks,
Eric