axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Phil Davies" <phildav...@firstondemand.com>
Subject RE: Rampart engaged, OutflowSecurity set in axis2.xml, still no security in headers
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:45:20 GMT
Thanks Prabath, for such a quick reply.

Yes, this is all client work.
Ok, I wasn't expecting to have to write any Java to get security added,
but anyway I added your line and when I finally gave it the right file
paths it behaved as before - i.e. no headers.
I ran the ant script which sets up the modules for axis, and can see
that rampart is globally engaged by using the axis2 admin page.

The client architecture was mainly decided by Eclipse's Web Services
Client wizard.
It put the stub into an existing web project, and axis2 is on the
classpath.
The project's WEB-INF/conf dir has an axis2.xml file, and so does
AXIS2_HOME/conf. I have added the "module" and "parameter" elements to
both of these now.

I then wrote a little test program which invokes one of the operations
and when I do this I get an axis fault returned, after the round trip to
the server. Wireshark also shows me an outgoing request with no security
header. I have also used the Web Services Explorer in Eclipse with the
same result.

Here's something I find a little confusing - after running the wizard to
generate the client, the Eclipse local Tomcat on that machine has the
WebServicesTestClient (described above) deployed. If I then point a
browser at this, I can log in to the axis admin pages, and I can see
that rampart is globally engaged - but how can I know that *this* axis
is the same axis the client stub sees when it's called from my test
program?

Thanks,
Phil

------------
Hi Phil;

>From your previous comments I guess, you have not engaged rampart module
at the client side - only at the service end.

Make sure at the client side you load the axis2.xml with Rampart being
engaged.

ConfigurationContext ctx =
ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem("re
po","repo/conf/axis2.xml"

Also, please make sure that you have the rampart module inside
repo/modules.

Thanks & regards.
- Prabath