axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alexis Midon" <mi...@intalio.com>
Subject How to engage a module for a ServiceClient with a service.xml file?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:14:30 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to *invoke* a web service that requires some security settings.
So I need to engage Rampart.
I had no particular issues so far but I have one question regarding my
configuration.

Here are the details:
My server may interact with many different external services, using various
settings.
To be DRY, I have one main axis2.xml file that defines all common settings,
and eventually one service.xml per service.

I configure my ServiceClients with both files  with the following code:

                ConfigurationContext configContext = ... // based on the
main axis2.xml file
                InputStream ais = new
File("service.xml").toURI().toURL().openStream();
                ServiceBuilder builder = new ServiceBuilder(ais,
configContext, service);
                builder.populateService(builder.buildOM());

Because Rampart is not required by all the services I interact with, I've
tried to engage it in the service.xml only (see below). In vain.

So my questions are: is there a way to engage a module for  a given service
through a service.xml file? if so what am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alexis

<service>
    <module ref="rampart" />