axis-java-user mailing list archives

From saurav.chatter...@in.pwc.com
Subject Charset encoding issues in Axis2?
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2008 10:18:14 GMT
Hi,

I am having some problem with a Axis2 based webservice. The service by and
large returns the data from the database - either directly in form of
XMLObject or in the form of flat XML file. But in this process it is
modifying '<' to '&lt;' and keeping '>' unchanged. So a data in the
database which reads as Mgr > 1 year in is getting read as Mgr > 1 year in
whereas Mgr < 1 year in is getting retrieved as Mgr &lt; 1 year in.

Any idea what can be the possible reason and the solution. We are using
the default encoding style for the response.

Regards,
Saurav Chatterjee

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.