axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: How to engage a module for a ServiceClient with a service.xml file?
Date Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:16:03 GMT

./META-INF/services.xml

 <service name="FuBarService">
      <module ref="module_name" />

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
within this transmission.

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:14:30 -0700
From: midon@intalio.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: How to engage a module for a ServiceClient with a service.xml file?

Hi all,

I'm trying to *invoke* a web service that requires some security settings. So I need to engage
Rampart.
I had no particular issues so far but I have one question regarding my configuration.

Here are the details:
My server may interact with many different external services, using various settings.
To be DRY, I have one main axis2.xml file that defines all common settings, and eventually
one service.xml per service.

I configure my ServiceClients with both files  with the following code:

                ConfigurationContext configContext = ... // based on the main axis2.xml file
                InputStream ais = new File("service.xml").toURI().toURL().openStream();

                ServiceBuilder builder = new ServiceBuilder(ais, configContext, service);
                builder.populateService(builder.buildOM());
Because Rampart is not required by all the services I interact with, I've tried to engage
it in the service.xml only (see below). In vain.

So my questions are: is there a way to engage a module for  a given service through a service.xml
file? if so what am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alexis

<service>