axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mary Thompson <mrthomp...@lbl.gov>
Subject Problem attaching ws-policy at message level
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 01:01:53 GMT
Has anyone had success in attaching ws-policy at the message level in
the xml.services file? I am trying to get the request  messages signed
and time stamped and the response messages just time stamped.

I have followed Nandana's tutorial at https://wso2.org/library/3786 and
used the following PolicyAttachement element

  <wsp:PolicyAttachment
xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy">
      <wsp:AppliesTo>
	     <policy-subject
identifier="binding:soap11/operation:createReservation/in" />
	     <policy-subject
identifier="binding:soap12/operation:createReservation/in" />

     </wsp:AppliesTo>
     <wsp:policy wsu:id="signedMsgPolicy"

xmlns:wsu="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-utility-1.0.xsd"

			xmlns:wsp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/09/policy"
			xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">>
       <sp:SignedParts
xmlns:sp="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/07/securitypolicy">
         <sp:Body/>
       </sp:SignedParts>
     </wsp:policy>
   </wsp:PolicyAttachment>

The service seems to just ignore the signedParts. E.g when I send it a
non-signed body it does not reject the message. Just to see what was
happening, I tried attaching the policy to the response message and it
did not sign the response.

I have also tried to put the policy in-line in the action-mapping
element, but it made no difference.

If anyone has gotten this to work, I would love to hear how.

I'm using axis 1.4.1 and the Rampart nightly build from Oct 1 .

Mary Thompson