axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tomj <tomas.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject no chunking out but still support chunking in, possible?
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 20:41:56 GMT

Hi,

I've been struggling a lot with calling a webservice at a remote site. The
remotes service seems to crash if I send the request chunked, i.e. I dont
supply a content-length header.
Then of course I turned off chunking, by:
options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CHUNKED,"false");

What happens then is that my client times out reading the reply. The remote
service answers chunked, and my best current guess is that since I turned
chunking off for outbound, I can not use it inbound.
Would this be true? Is there a way around it?

I can invoke the service perfectly via firefox poster plugin, and also if I
just post a soap message via Commons http. But in Axis2 (and Axis1) it's
just hanging, waiting for the reply and eventually it times out.

Would really love some ideas.

Cheers
Tomas