axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "keith chapman" <keithgchap...@gmail.com>
Subject An article on RESTful Web Services with Apache Axis2
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:57:52 GMT
Hi all,

RESTful Web Services with Apache Axis2 is powered by the WSDL 2.0
HTTPBinding <http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-adjuncts/#http-binding>, hence as
of now (1.4.1 release of Axis2) users need to deploy there services using
WSDL 2.0 to write truly RESTfull services in Axis2. I agree that there
aren't too many people who are familiar with WSDL 2.0. Therefore I put
together an article <http://wso2.org/library/3726> that helps you through
the process of taking your Java code, generating a WSDL 2.0 from it and hand
editing it to suit your needs. The article "RESTful Web Services with Apache
Axis2 <http://wso2.org/library/3726>" is now available on the WSO2 oxygen
tank.

I plan on making it simpler to author RESTfull services in Axis2 in future.

Thanks,
Keith.

--
Keith Chapman