axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "keith chapman" <keithgchap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2 REST client and server questions (Data bindings, Headers, Performance)
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:59:02 GMT
Hi Nick,

Looking through the WSDLs I don't see any reason for the input/output types
in the stub to go missing when generated off a WSDL 1.1 doc. I may have to
test this to make sure that this is the case though. On the subject of a
particular operation not working when invoked via GET. In a previous mail
you said that " I have now generated the httpbindings using wsdl2java with a
version 2.0 wsdl and the operation has been added to the EPR as desired and
I can do POST getGigsIn("London"), POST getMostActiveArtist() and GET
getMostActiveArtist() without any problems which is great. "

How did you send a GET to getMostActiveArtist()? I assume that you set the
httpmethod on the options object of the serviceClient to GET (cause the stub
will send a POST by default according to the WSDL). Could you please explain
a bit what you did to send that request. I just had a look at the code and
when its a GET or a DELETE we use the application/x-www-form-urlencoded as
the content-type. (BTW which version of axis2 did u use?)

The default WSDL generated by axis2 will have all operations exposed over
POST with the inputSerialization of application/XML. If you need to change
this (expose some operations over GET) you may do so by hand editing the
generated WSDL and using that. This may be better cause you choose which
method you want to expose your operations under.

Thanks,
Keith.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Nick Steel
<nicholas.steel05@imperial.ac.uk>wrote:

> [...]
> > not sent the SOAP action when it is a REST request. Will fix this soon
> >

> >> However, when I try to do GET getGigsIn("London") I get the error
> >> <faultstring>unknown</faultstring>.  The request according to TCPmon
is:
> >> GET
> >>

> /NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService/NicksGigsServiceV2/getGigsIn
> >> HTTP/1.1
> >> Host: 10.4.39.241:8089
> >

> > Something is obviously wrong here. You cannot send a GET using
> > application/xml. A get should always be
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded.
> > Can yu check your WSDL2 section for this operation please. Does it say
> > what
> > its inputSerialization is?
> >

> >> <http://10.4.39.241:8089>
> >>
> >> The operation is there in the URL but the parameter "London" is not so
> >> it's
> >> obviously not going to work.  I was expecting something more like
> >> GET
> >>

> /NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService/NicksGigsServiceV2/getGigsIn?city=London
> >> HTTP/1.1
> >>
> >> Whats going wrong here?
> >

> > Just answered above ;).
> >

> >> Also, just to see what would happen, I tried to make some httpbindings
> >> using
> >> a version 1.1 wsdl but the generated stub had methods like void
> >> getGigsIn()
> >> and void getMostActiveArtist() which don't take or return any values so
> >> couldn't work out how I could possibly use them.  Is this normal or is
> >> this
> >> the reason you said to use a version 2.0 wsdl?httpBinding.
> >>

> > WSDL 2.0 has a much richer That is the reason I recommended you to use
> > that.
> > But ?wsdl should have worked as well, we map the properties of ?wsdl to
> > the
> > ones of ?wsdl2 during code generation. Is it possible for you to share
> > your
> > wsdl and wsdl2 as well.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Keith.
> >

> >> Cheers,
> >> Nick

> >> this
> up

> for
> >> had

> http://mooshup.com/services/samples/RESTSample?wsdl2

> >> generate
> >> you
> >> the
> >> the

> >> information
> >> the
> >> you

> my
> >> still
> >> for
> >> /NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService

> >> http://localhost:8089/NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService";
> >> Boolean.TRUE);
> >> >>>>
> >> //org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.MEDIA_TYPE_X_WWW_FORM);

HTTP/1.1

> >> "><ns2:param0>London</ns2:param0></ns2:getGigsIn>

> >> unsuccessful
HTTP/1.1

the Operation not
> >> found
> >> Action
> >> =

> /NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService?param0=London

> >> "><soapenv:Text
> >> not
> >> Action
> >> =

HTTP/1.1

> >> end
> >> >>>>>>

> http://localhost:8080/NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService/getGigsIn
> >> >>>>>>
> >> /NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService/getGigsIn?param0=London

> >> "><soapenv:Text
> service

> http://localhost:8080/NicksGigs-war-Axis2/services/GigListingsService/getGigsIn?city=London

> >> Can